Place:


Aston Sandford  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Sandford like this:

ASTON-SANDFORD, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on a branch of the river Thame, 6 miles SW of Aylesbury r. station. Post Town, Dinton under Aylesbury. Acres, 669. Real property, £885. Pop., 59. Houses, 14. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £135.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is later English, and small, with a gable-roofed porch. Scott the commentator was rector from 1803 till his death in 1821.

Aston Sandford through time

Aston Sandford is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aston Sandford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Sandford, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3655

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aston Sandford ".