In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frilsham like this:
FRILSHAM, a parish in Bradfield district, Berks; on an affluent of the river Thames, 4½ miles N by -E of Thatcham r. station, and 6 SSE of East Ilsley. - Post town, Yattendon, under Newbury. Acres, 989. Real property, £1, 344. Pop., 183. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £131. Patron, Robert Floyd, Esq. The church is old but good; and there are charities £17.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frilsham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Berkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frilsham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frilsham in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frilsham".