In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bourton like this:
BOURTON, a tything in Shrivenham parish, Berks; on the Wilts and Berks canal, and on the Great Western railway, about a mile from Shrivenham station. Real property, £2,545. Pop., 328. Houses, 72. A church was built here in 1861, in the geometric style There are also a Baptist chapel, a neat free school, and six alms-houses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bourton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Vale of White Horse. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bourton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bourton, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bourton".