In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alpraham like this:
ALPRAHAM, a township in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; near the Chester canal, 2 miles N of Calverley r. station, and 3½ ESE of Tarporley. It has a post office under Tarporley. Acres, 1,596. Real property, £2,691. Pop., 530. Houses, 99. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Alpraham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Alpraham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alpraham, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Alpraham".