In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Heath and Reach like this:
HEATH AND REACH, a chapelry in Leighton-Buzzard parish, Beds; on the Grand Junction canal, adjacent to Bucks, 2¼ miles N of Leighton-Buzzard r. station. Post town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 2, 279. Real property, £4, 214. Pop., 953. Houses, 212. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Col. H. Hanmer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Leighton-Buzzard. The church is modern, and has a low square tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Heath and Reach has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Bedfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Heath and Reach and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Heath and Reach in South Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Heath and Reach".