In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hunton like this:
HUNTON, a chapelry in Crawley parish, Hants; 2½ miles W of Mitcheldever r. station, and 5½ S of Whitchurch. Post town, Mitcheldever Station. Acres, 1, 033. Real property, £835. Pop., 105. Houses, 24. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Crawley, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hunton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Winchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hunton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hunton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hunton".