In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mansell Gamage like this:
MANSELL-GAMAGE, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; 2 miles SSE of Moorhampton r. station, and 5 S of Weobly. Post town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 1,323. Real property, £1,857. Pop., 131. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. Garnons, a fine castellated mansion, is the seat of Sir J. G. Cotterell, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, Sir. J. G. Cotterell, Bart. The church is decorated English, in good condition.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mansell Gamage has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mansell Gamage and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mansell Gamage in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mansell Gamage".