In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashurst like this:
ASHURST, a parish in Tunbridge district, Kent; on the verge of the county, at the river Medway, 5 miles W of Tunbridge Wells r. station. Post Town, Langton Green under Tunbridge Wells. Acres, 891. Real property, £1,956. Pop., 247. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. Ashurst Park, the seat of G. Field, Esq., is in the east. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £207.* Patron, Countess Delawarr. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashurst has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tunbridge Wells. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashurst and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashurst, in Tunbridge Wells and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashurst".