In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wormley like this:
WORMLEY, a parish, with a village, in Ware district, Herts; 1 mile SSW of Broxbourne r. station. It has a post-office under Hoddesdon. Acres, 940. Real property, £2,907. Pop., 572. Houses, 116. The manor was given, by Harold, to Waltham abbey; went, at the dissolution of monasteries, to the Norths; passed to the Cromwells; and, with Wormleybury House, belongs now to Mrs. Grant. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £235.* Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church is ancient but good. There are a parochial school, and charities £130.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wormley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Broxbourne. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wormley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wormley, in Broxbourne and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wormley".