Place:


Addington  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Addington like this:

ADDINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on a tributary of the Ouse, 1¾ mile WNW of Winslow r. station. Post Town, Winslow. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £2,718. Pop., 111. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. Addington Hones was formerly the seat of Admiral Ponlett, late Lord Nugent. Gallows Gap was a place of feudal capital punishment by the ancient proprietors, the Monlines. The living is a rectory in the-diocese of Oxford. Value, £200.* Patron, J. G. Hubbard, Esq. The church is good.

Addington through time

Addington is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Addington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Addington, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3403

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Addington ".