In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wallington like this:
WALLINGTON, a parish in Royston district, Herts; 3 miles E by S of Baldock r. station. Post town, Baldock. Acres, 1,950. Real property, £2,151. Pop., 238. Houses, 51. Most of the property is in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £398.* Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is ancient but good. There are a national school, and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wallington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Hertfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wallington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wallington in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wallington".