In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langrigg like this:
LANGRIGG AND MEALRIGG, a township in Bromfield parish, Cumberland; 7 miles WSW of Wigton. It has a post-office, of the name of Langrigg, under Carlisle. Real property, £2,508. Pop., 324. Houses, 59. Langrigg Hall is a chief residence. Bricks and tiles are made.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langrigg has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Allerdale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langrigg and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langrigg, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langrigg".