In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleton like this:
LITTLETON, a parish in Winchester district, Hants; 3 ¼ miles NW by N of Winchester. Post town, Winchester. Acres, 1,293. Real property, £1,378. Pop., 109. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. Many race-horses are trained here; and the stables for them are extensive. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £76. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church is Norman and good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Littleton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Winchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Littleton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Littleton".