In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Calveley like this:
CALVELEY, a township in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; on the Chester canal, adjacent to the Chester and Crewe railway, 8 miles W by N of Crewe. It has a station on the railway; and it forms a curacy with Bunbury. Acres, 1,517. Real property, £2,502. Pop., 285. Houses, 48. The manor belonged to Sir Hugh Calveley, the "glory of Cheshire;" and belongs now to the Davenports.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Calveley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Calveley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Calveley, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Calveley".