In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yatton like this:
YATTON, a township-chapelry in Much-Marcle parish, Hereford; 4¼ miles NE by N of Ross r. station. Post town, Much-Marcle, under Gloucester. Acres, 1,409. Pop., 225. Houses, 46. Y. house is the seat of the Fergusons. The living is annexed to Much-Marcle.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Yatton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Yatton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yatton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Yatton".