In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grendon Bishop like this:
GRENDON BISHOP, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; gear the Bromyard and Leominster railway, 4 miles WNW of Bromyard. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 1, 689. Real property, £1, 829. Pop., 199. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. There is an ancient camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £85. Patron, the Vicar of Bromyard. The church was rebuilt in 1788, and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Grendon Bishop has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Grendon Bishop and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grendon Bishop in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Grendon Bishop".