In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Arminghall like this:
ARMINGHALL, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; near a branch of the river Yare, 3 miles ENE of Swainsthorpe r. station, and 3½ S by E of Norwich. Post Town, Norwich. Acres, 650. Real property, £1,444. Pop., 75. Houses, 21. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £80. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich. The church is very good; and belonged anciently to Norwich priory. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Arminghall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Arminghall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Arminghall in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Arminghall".