In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wing like this:
WING, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Leighton-Buzzard district, Bucks. The village stands 2½ miles SW of Leighton-Buzzard r. station, and has a post-office under Leighton-Buzzard.The parish includes 4 hamlets, and comprises 5,310 acres. Real property, £9,331. Pop. in 1851, 1,376; in 1861, 1,504. Houses, 306. The property is subdivided. W. park belonged to the Dormers, passed to the Earl of Chesterfield, and was bought by Lord Overstone; but the mansion of it has been taken down. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £400.* Patron, Lord Overstone. The church is of different periods, from Saxon or early Norman onwards; and was restored in 1850. An alien priory was at Ascott. There are parochial schools, alms houses for 8 persons, and other charities £18.The sub-district contains 3 parishes. Acres, 11,010. Pop., 2,492. Houses, 500.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wing has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wing and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wing, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wing".