In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blunham like this:
BLUNHAM, a village and a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds. The village stands on the river Ivel, near the Cambridge and Bedford and the Great Northern railways, 6½ miles E of Bedford; and has a station on the former railway, and a post office under St. Neot's. It was once a market-town. Pop., 647. Houses, 147. The parish includes also the hamlet of Muggerhanger. Acres, 3,300. Real property, £7,266. Pop., 1,150. Houses, 243. The property is much subdivided. Blunham House and Blunham Park are chief residences; and the former is the seat of SirG. Payne, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £731.* Patron, Countess-Cowper. The church is Norman and good. The vicarage of Muggerhanger is a separate benefice. There are two dissenting chapels, a national school for boys, and an industrial school for girls.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blunham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Bedfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blunham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blunham in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blunham".