In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henllan like this:
HENLLAN, a village and a parish in St. Asaph district, Denbigh. The village stands near the river Clwyd, 2½ miles N w of Denbigh r. station; and has a post. office under Rhyl. The parish comprises 14, 282 acres and is partly within Denbigh borough. Real property £17, 462; of which £352 are in gas works. Pop., 2, 607 Houses, 557. Pop. of the part within Denbigh borough, 1, 525. Houses, 346. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is waste or upland sheep walk. ...
Several fine seats, particularly Plas-Heaton, Garn, and Galltfaenan, are in the vicinity of the village. Lleweni was the seat of a brother of Llewelyn, and afterwards of the Salusburys; and a small priory was founded in the parish by the Salusburys, and eventually converted into a barn. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £350.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church was rebuilt in 1806; and the tower of a previous church stands on a hill above it. The rectories of Trefnant and Bylchau are separate benefices. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, national schools, some free cottages, and charities £53.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Henllan has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Henllan and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henllan in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Henllan".