In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Antony like this:
ANTONY, a parish and a subdistrict, in the district of St. Germans, Cornwall. The parish is called also Anthony-in-East and St. Jacob Anthony; lies on Lynher creek and the Hamoaze, 4 miles S of Saltash r. station, and 4 SE of St. Germans; and has a post office, of the name of Antony, under Devonport. ...
Acres, 3,222 of land, and 1,260 of water. Real property, £14,508. Pop., 3,887. Houses, 562. The manor of East Antony be longed formerly to the Dawneys, and belongs now to the Carews. Antony House, on that manor, is a large square edifice of Pentnan stone, built in 1721 by Gibbs. and contains an interesting collection of old pictures. West Antony village, or St. Jacob, is a pleasant place; and, owing to its proximity to Devonport and Plymouth, is a favourite residence of officers connected with the dock yards and the navy at these towns. Antony Passage, at East Antony, has a ferry to Trematon. Beggars Island, below the passage, was named after Bamfyeld Moore Carew, commonly called King of the Beggars. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £262* Patron, W. H. P. Carew. The church was built in 1420, but has a tower of the previous century; and it contains monuments of Lady Marjory Arundel, Richard Carew, who wrote the "Survey of Cornwall," and Captain Graves, R. N., who figured in the time of George II. The curacy of Merrifield is united with the vicarage; and the p. curacy of Torpoint is a separate incumbency. There is a Wesleyan chapel. The workhouse of St. Germans is in this parish. Charities, £12. The subdistrict of Antony comprises four parishes. Acres, 9,740. Pop., 7,878. Houses, 1,336.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Antony, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Antony ".