In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keysoe like this:
KEYSOE, a village and a parish in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands 4 miles SSW of Kimbolton,and 5½ ENE of Sharnbrook r. station; was anciently called Caissot; is a very scattered place, connected at the ends with Keysoe-Row and Brook-End; and has a post office under St. Neots. The parish comprises 3, 564 acres. Real property, £4, 023. Pop., 867. Houses, 186. The property is subdivided. The principal manor belongs to John S. Crawley, Esq. A broken piece of ground in the NE is thought to have been the site of a Romano-British town. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £225. * Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is decorated and later English, in good condition; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with W tower and spire; and contains an early English font and a piscina. There are Baptist chapels at Keysoe-Row and Brook-End, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Keysoe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bedford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Keysoe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keysoe, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Keysoe".