In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pinner like this:
PINNER, a village and a parish in Hendon district, Middlesex. The village stands on high ground, near an affluent of the river Colne, and near the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles N W of Harrow; was once a market-town; and has a post-office‡ under Watford, and a station on the railway . ...
The parish contains also West-End, East-End, Hatch-End, and Woodridings; and was formerly a part of Harrow parish. Acres, 3, 720. Real property, £11,099. Pop. in 1851, 1, 310; in 1861, 1,849. Houses, 337. The increase of pop. arose from the erection of a number of villas, and from the establishment of the Commercial Travellers' school. Pop. in 1868, about2,000. The property is much subdivided. Pinner Placewas the seat of Gov. Holwell, who was shut up in the Black Hole of Calcutta, but survived. There are numerous good residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, £88.* Patron, the Vicar of Harrow. The church was built in 1321, chiefly of flint; and is good. A temporary church in Woodridings was erected in 1865. The Commercial Travellers' school wasopened in 1855, by the late Prince Consort; is a splendid pile; and educates, clothes, and maintains about 120boys and 70 girls; and was enlarged in 1868, in order toaccommodate a larger number. There are also a national school, a parish hall, a young men's reading society.alms-houses for widows of clergymen and of navy and army officers, and other charities £57.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pinner, in Harrow and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pinner ".