In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lavendon like this:
LAVENDON, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands 1 mile W of the river Ouse, at the boundary with Beds, 2½ miles NE of Olney, and 6½ W of Oakley r. station; was once a market town; has still a fair on the second Tuesday before Easter; and has a postal letter box under Newport-Pagnell. The parish comprises 2, 320 acres. Real property, £3, 391. Pop., 820. Houses, 182. The property is divided among a few. The Grange is the seat of B. S. ...
Brookes, Esq. A premonstratensian canonry was founded here, in the time of Henry II., by John de Bidun; and was given, at the dissolution, to Sir Edmund Peckham. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Cold-Brafield, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £284. * Patron, the Rev. W. Tomkins. The church is partly Saxon, partly of later date; comprises nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; was recently restored, at a cost of £800; and contains four piscinæ. There are a national school, and church lands £32.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lavendon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Milton Keynes. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lavendon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lavendon, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lavendon".