In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Pyon like this:
KINGS-PYON, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; on an affluent of the river Lug, 2½ miles ESE of Weobly, and 4¼ N by E of Bishopstone r. station. Post town, Weobly, Herefordshire. Acres, 2, 407. Real property, £2, 904. Pop, 489. Houses, 101. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Birley, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £353.* Patron, S. Peploe, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kings Pyon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kings Pyon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Pyon in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kings Pyon".