In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Siddington like this:
SIDDINGTON, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 3½ miles SE of Chelford r. station, and 5 SW of Macclesfield. It has a post-office under Congleton. Acres, 2,141. Real property, £4,014. Pop., 433. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to A. H. Davenport, Esq. Thornycroft Hall is the seat of the Rev. J. Thornycroft. Reedsmere is a lake, with a floating island. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £106. Patron. A. H. Davenport, Esq. The church was restored in 1850. There is a slightly endowed national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Siddington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Macclesfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Siddington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Siddington, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Siddington".