In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Menheniot like this:
MENHENIOT, or MENHYNNET, a village and a parish in Liskeard district, Cornwall. The village stands near the river Seaton and the Cornwall railway, 2¾ miles ESE of Liskeard; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, a post office under Liskeard, and fairs on 23 April, 11 June, and 28 July. ...
The parish comprises 6,997 acres. Real property, £18,852; of which £9,198 are in mines, and £50 in quarries. Pop. in 1851,1,944; in 1861,2,423. Houses, 433. The increase of pop. arose from extensive mining operations. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged anciently to the Carminows, passed to the Trelawneys, and belongs now to E. Hambly, Esq. A long deserted mansion of the Trelawneys is at Poole; and was used, for many years, as a poor-house. A seat of Richard, Earl of Cornwall, was at Tencreek. There once was a lepers' hospital. The rocks include schist, serpentine, and lead and tin ores. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £800. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is later English, has a tower and spire, and was recently restored and enlarged. There are a national school at the village, with £8 a year from endowment, and another national school at Merrymeet. William of Wykeham, Moorman who first substituted English for Cornish in the church-service, and Holwell Carr, who gave his pictures to the national gallery, were vicars.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Menheniot, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Menheniot ".