In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burnham like this:
BURNHAM, a village, a parish, a subdistrict, and a hundred, in Bucks. The village stands adjacent to the Great Western railway, near the river Thames, 2½ miles E by N of Maidenhead; and has a post office‡ under Maidenhead. It was formerly a market town; and still has fairs on 25 Feb., 1 May, and 2 Oct. ...
The parish includes also the liberties of Boveney, Boveney-Upper-Side, Britwell, East Burnham, Chippenham, and Wood. Acres, 6,730. Real property, £13,908. Pop., 2,233. Houses, 463. The property is divided among a few. Burnham Grove is the seat of Sir W. Johnson, Bart. An Augustinian Abbey was founded about a mile from the village, in 1265, by Richard, king of the Romans; and given, at the dissolution, to William Tyldesley; and some small remains of it still exist. A fragment of an ancient forest bears the name of Burnham Beeches; consists of venerable beech trees, all pollarded; and has been sketched by many artists. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Boveney, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £505.* Patron, Eton College. The church is early and decorated English. The p. curacy of Dropmore is a separate benefice. There are an Independent chapel, three schools, and charities £132. Bishop Aldrich, who died in 1556, was a native; and the learned Jacob Bryant was a resident.-The subdistrict contains five parishes, and the greater part of two others; and is in the district of Eton. Acres, 16,580. Pop., 6,134. Houses, 1,196.-The hundred contains thirteen parishes. Acres, 58,371. Pop., 20,534. Houses, 4,247.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burnham, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burnham ".