In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bierton like this:
BIERTON-WITH-BROUGHTON, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on the Aylesbury railway, near the Aylesbury canal, 1½ mile NE of Aylesbury. It has a post office, of the name of Bierton, under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £5,312. Pop., 691. Houses, 149. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Quarrendon, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £310.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is a structure of the 12th century, with tower and spire; was recently well repaired; and contains a piscina, and a curious monument of 1616 to Samuel Pope and his thirteen children. There are chapels for Baptists and Methodists, a national school, and charities £40.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bierton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bierton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bierton, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bierton".