In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Hardres like this:
HARDRES (LOWER), a parish in Bridge district, Kent; on Stane-street, 3 miles ESE of Chartham r. station, and 3¼ S of Canterbury. Post-town, Canterbury. Acres, 1,176. Real property, £1,949. Pop., 233. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £317. Patron, St. John's College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1831; is in the early English style; and comprises nave and chancel, with a spire. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lower Hardres has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Canterbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lower Hardres and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Hardres, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lower Hardres".