In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chislet like this:
CHISLETT, a parish in Blean district, Kent, on a branch of the river Stour, and on the Ashford and Ramsgate railway, 1 mile NW of Grove Ferry r. station, and 6 NE of Canterbury. It has a post office under Canterbury. Acres, 6, 835; of which 160 are water. Real property, £13, 552. Pop., 1, 072. ...
Houses, 239. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the see of Canterbury. Chislett Court is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £231.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is modern, and in the early English style. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels, a free school, and charities £110
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chislet, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chislet ".