In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretham like this:
STRETHAM, a parish, with two hamlets, in Ely district, Cambridge; on the Ely and Sutton railway, 4 miles SSW of Ely. It has a post-office under Ely, and a r. station. Acres, 6,940. Real property, £12,602. Pop. in 1851, 1,597; in 1861, 1,462. Houses, 323. The manor belongs to Mrs. Marsh and Mrs. Col. Wilson. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £800.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is decorated English and good. There are a chapel of ease at Thetford, chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a free school, and charities £142.
Stretham is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretham itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretham in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretham ".