In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Itton like this:
ITTON, a parish in Chepstow district, Monmouth; 3 miles WNW-of Chepstow r. station. It includes the hamlet of Howick; and its post town is Chepstow. Acres, 1, 738. Real property, £2, 106. Pop., 196. Houses, 34. The manor, with Itton Court, belongs to W. Curr, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £153. Patron, W. Curr, Esq. The church is ancient and good. Charities, £14.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Itton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Itton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Itton in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Itton".