In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ridlington like this:
RIDLINGTON, a village and a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland. The village stands 2½ miles N W by N of Uppingham, and 2½ W S W of Manton r. station; was known, at Domesday, as Redlictun; and then hadthree churches. The parish comprises 2,027 acres; and its post town is Uppingham. Real property, £3, 458. Pop., 282. Houses, 58. The manor belonged to Queen Editha, passed to the Harringtons, and belongs now to the Earl of Gainsborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £364.* Patron, the Earl of Gainsborough. The church is very ancient.and has an ivy-clad tower. Charities, £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ridlington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rutland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ridlington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ridlington in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ridlington".