In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mansell Lacy like this:
MANSELL-LACY, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; on an affluent of the river Wye, 2½ miles NW of Credenhill r. station, and 4½ SSE of Weobly. Posttown, Hereford. Acres, 1,547. Real property, £2,356. Pop., 331. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to Sir R. Price, Bart. Mansell House, adjacent to the church, is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £162. Patron, the Rev. G. H. Davenport. The church is ancient, and has a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mansell Lacy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mansell Lacy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mansell Lacy in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mansell Lacy".