In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morebath like this:
MOREBATH, a village and a parish in Tiverton district, Devon. The village stands on a bold acclivity, near the boundary with Somerset, and near the confluence of the rivers Exe and Barle, 2 miles N by W of Bampton, and 9 N by W of Tiverton r. station; was anciently called Murbath and Murbade; and has a postoffice under Tiverton. The parish comprises 2,449 acres. Real property, £3,882. Pop. in 1851,514; in 1861,430. Houses, 89. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to Barlinch priory, and belongs now to M. Bere, Esq. Part of the surface rises into lofty hills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £195.* Patron, M. Bere, Esq. The church is ancient; has remains of a window brought from Barlinch priory in the 16th century; and was recently in bad condition. Charities, £22.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Morebath has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Devon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Morebath and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morebath in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Morebath".