In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denholme like this:
DENHOLME, a hamlet and a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet is in Thornton township; stands 4¼ miles SSW of Saltaire r. station and 5½ W of Bradford; and has a post office under Leeds. The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Pop., 2, 816. Houses, 568. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good; and there are three dissenting chapels and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Denholme has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bradford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Denholme and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denholme, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Denholme".