In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plumstead like this:
PLUMSTEAD, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 4¼ miles S E of Holt, and 12½ N E of Elmham r.station. Post-town, Hanworth, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 272. Real property, £1, 245. Pop., 178. Houses, 48. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to J. T. Mott, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £182. Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is plain but good, and has a tower
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Plumstead has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Plumstead and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plumstead in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Plumstead".