In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Sandford like this:
Sandford, vil., Prees par., Shropshire, 5 miles W. of Market Drayton; in vicinity is the seat of Sandford Hall.
Additional information about this locality is available for Prees
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sandford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sandford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sandford in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sandford".