In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lindley like this:
LINDLEY, a hamlet, formerly a chapelry, in Highamon-the-Hill parish, Leicester; near Watling-street, 3¼ miles WNW of Hinckley. Pop., 76. Lindley Hall was formerly the seat of Hardwick, who guided the Earl of Richmond to Bosworth field; was also the residence of W. Burton, the county historian, and of his brother Robert, the author of the "Anatomy of Melancholy; ''and is now the seat of Vincent Eyre, Esq. The quondam chapel is now a cow-house.
Additional information about this locality is available for Higham on the Hill
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lindley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hinckley and Bosworth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lindley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lindley, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lindley".