Place:


Rodley  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rodley like this:

RODLEY, a tything and a manor in Westbury-on-Severn parish, Gloucester. The tything lies on the river Severn, 3¼ miles E of Newnham. The manor includesalso the tythings of Adsett, Chaxhill, Bollow, Cleeve, Stantway, and Elton; and belongs to Gen. Sir John W. Guise, Bart. Real property, £3, 702; of which £26 are in fisheries.

Additional information about this locality is available for Westbury on Severn

Rodley through time

Rodley is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rodley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rodley, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26011

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rodley ".