In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gwespyr like this:
GWESPYR, a township in Llanasaph parish, Flint; on the river Dee, 5¼ miles NW of Holywell. Pop., 488. Quarries of excellent freestone are here, and supplied the materials for Liverpool custom house.
Additional information about this locality is available for Llanasa
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gwespyr has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gwespyr and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gwespyr in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Gwespyr".