In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Wratting like this:
WRATTING (West), a parish, with a village, in Linton district, Cambridge; 4 miles SE of Six-Mile-Bottom r. station, and 4¾ NNE of Linton. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 3,441. Real property, £4,615. Pop., 777. Houses, 174. W. Park is the seat of W. T. Frost, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £240.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is ancient. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Wratting has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Cambridgeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Wratting and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Wratting in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Wratting".