In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cold Rowley like this:
COLD-ROWLEY, a hamlet in Lanchester parish, Durham; on the Stanhope railway, 7 miles N by E of Wolsingham. It has a station on the railway. Woodlands, adjacent to the station, is the seat of the Richardsons.
Additional information about this locality is available for Healeyfield
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cold Rowley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Derwentside. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cold Rowley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cold Rowley, in Derwentside and County Durham | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cold Rowley".