In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Point like this:
WESTON-POINT, a chapelry, with a village, in Weston township, Runcorn parish, Cheshire; on the river Mersey, at the influx of the Weaver, 1½ mile SSW of Runcorn r. station. It has a post-office under Preston-brook, an extensive harbour, spacious wet docks, a sea-walland new docks for the Weaver navigation, a branch canal for goods to Runcorn, a lighthouse, a handsome church in the pointed style with a spire, and a public school; but it does not seem to have defined limits. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Bishop of C.
Additional information about this locality is available for Weston
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston Point has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Halton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston Point and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston Point, in Halton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston Point".