In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mancot like this:
MANCOTT, a township in Hawarden parish, Flint; on the river Dee and the Chester and Holyhead railway, 1 mile NE of Hawarden. It contains the hamlet of Little Mancott. Acres, 282. Real property, £999. Pop., 276. Houses, 58. Some of the inhabitants are employed in iron and lead mines.
Additional information about this locality is available for Hawarden
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mancot has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mancot and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mancot in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mancot".