In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longstone like this:
LONGSTONE, one of the Fern islands in Northumberland. It is the remotest of the group; measures ¾ of a mile in length; and has a lighthouse, erected in 1827, showing a half-minute light, visible at the distance of 13 miles.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Longstone has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Berwick upon Tweed. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Longstone and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longstone, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Longstone".