In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shiney Row like this:
SHINEY-ROW, a hamlet in Houghton-le-Spring parish, Durham; 2 miles NW of Houghton. It is inhabited chiefly by coal-miners; and it has a post-office under Fence-Houses, Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and an endowed school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Penshaw
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shiney Row has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sunderland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shiney Row and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shiney Row, in Sunderland and County Durham | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shiney Row".