In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:
WESTON, a township and a chapelry in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles SE of Crewe r. station. Acres, 1,851. Real property, £3,136. Pop., 500. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart.The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Post town, Nantwich. Pop ., 673. Houses, 124. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £54.* Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church was built in 1842. There are a Wesleyan chapel and some charities.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston".