In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wrangthorn like this:
WRANGTHORN, a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near Leeds. It was constituted in 1866; and its Post town is Leeds. Pop., about 2,200. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
The location is that of the church of St Augustine of Hippo, Wrangthorn, Leeds. Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wrangthorn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Leeds. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wrangthorn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wrangthorn, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wrangthorn".